Voted as the first ever Ms Basketball Canada, an Olympian from Toronto, Canada, a hotbed for up and coming basketball players. Tristan Thompson of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Andrew Wiggins now with the Minnesota Timberwolves. #WeTheNorth
Check out todays epidose with Alisha Tatham as we cover everything from sibling rivalries, the do’s and don’ts of recruitment, and being a female in sports.
- We cover a lot including:
- Sibling Rivilaries
- What it is like being an Olympian and having Michael Phelps and Kobe Bryant attend their games
- What type of Student Athlete She Was. Was she the Book Smart Nerd, the Life of the Party, the prototypical Jock or was she balanced?
- We cover the Do’s and Don’t’s of Recruitment
- We discuss a time when Alisha almost quit
- Being a female in sports
- And we cover off what Alisha is up to nowadays helping out the community as a Motivational Speaker and starting her Love Live Hop mentorship initiative for young women involved in basketball.
All that and more coming up next, LETS GO!
Recruitment Do’s and Don’t’s (14:15)
- Do your research – Understand the process and what it takes to get there. Ask the right questions that will help you make this important decision. The questions you should ask include:
- How is playing in front of you?
- What year are they?
- Do they start?
- Do get help – From someone that you trust and has been a part of the recruitment process previously.
- Do understand the Academic requirements – this will determine if you are suitable to meet this threshold and determine whether or not you can even play.
- Do understand the overall Requirements to get into a particular school.
- Don’t embrass yourself and family on Social Media – display a good image, not a fake, negative or disparaging image.
If you are a coach, parent or high school female basketball player, I would encourage you to connect with her particularly about the Love Live Hoop initiative she is doing alongside with Felon Harris and Kalisha Keane.
You can also view a recent YouTube video with Alisha and Kalisha at a Love Live Hoop clinic.
Let us know what you think by leaving a comment, provide a 5 star review and subscribe on iTunes as well as on Sticher Radio and spread the word about our Podcast to assist Classlete in helping the next generation of high school student athletes.
Last but not least, if you are a student athlete or know of one, join Classlete.com now and create your personalized online Classlete Sports Card to show off your athletic, academic and community achievements and share them with your friends on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
You can put on the Classlete Sports Card any key stats from the primary sport you play, your GPA and Community hours.
But not before you do the Classlete Questionnaire to find out what Classlete Type you are. Are you the prototypical Confident Athlete like Alisha, the Cerebral Athlete, the Social Athlete, or are you the Balanced Athlete?
Well that’s it, we are outta here. Until next time, remember to be above your class both on and off the field of play.