The days of trading a paperback sports card of your favorite NBA, NFL, MLB or NHL athlete with your friends is over. And the days of creating and sharing your own online digital high school sports card is just getting started.
Ask your parents how cool it was to possess the paperback sports card of the top athlete from, for example, the NBA or NFL and how stores would allow you to earn money by trading them in.
They would even pay you exponentially if the athlete on the front of the card signed it.
Nowadays, the prime athletes from the past are now remembered by today’s youth through video game modes such as MyTeam in NBA 2K18 or Ultimate Team in Madden 18, where you can purchase digital cards of these athletes of different ratings, craft your team and pit your stack against another team in an online competitive game.
But rather than seeing a photo of the athlete with just their physical attributes and stats listed on the back of the card, more than ever is there a need to portray the high school student athlete as a well-rounded individual, not only athletically, but also academically and socially.
And this is why we created the Classlete Sports Card, an online digital sports card which allows our high school student athlete members to highlight and track their athletic, academic and community achievements and share it with their friends via social media on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Why an Online Digital High School Sports Card?
Wouldn’t it be cool to have your own sports card like the pros?
Have you ever felt as a high school student athlete that your positive athletic, academic and community accomplishments were not acknowledged on a bigger stage and never had an opportunity to showcase it until now?
Unlike our parents who traded paper or plastic versions of sports cards that were either locked up in an old binder and only brought out the odd time it was requested, online sports cards are more widely available and accessible on the web.
Our Classlete Sports Card will not only be posted for other members to view within your user profile, but you will also be able to share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Furthermore, if your profile is private, then only your followers will be able to view it.
And that’s not it. You will likewise be able to post it on any other website to display the front and back side image of the card.
More Than Just Stats
Have you ever been called or stereotyped as a “Jock”? If you have been playing sports long enough, you may have been called or looked upon as such.
The truth is you’re not just a jock.
You not only have your athletics to be concerned about but also your academics and social life. Couple this with your unique personality and no two student athletes are the same.
To reinforce the fact that all student athletes are different and are not just about getting great stats in the sport we love to play, here are some other cool features we have included in the Classlete Sports Card:
- An illustration of your first and last name, jersey number, the primary sport you play and position.
- Your current height, weight, location, school and listing of 3 personally chosen primary statistics from the sport you play.
- Your current Grade Point Average (G.P.A.), Community Volunteer Hours and the total number of earned badges for completing key activities on Classlete.com.
- And a display of your current Classlete Type with a star rating system based on how you fill out your user profile and how you answer our fun 15 multiple question Classlete Survey (more on this below).
There are 4 Classlete Types including:
- The Confident Athlete
- The Cerebral Athlete
- The Social Athlete
- The Balanced Athlete
So what Classlete Type are you? More information about the Classlete Survey and the different Classlete Types can be found here.
Track, Compare and Share It
More than ever is it harder to pursue your academic, athletic and social goals while trying to live it up during your high school glory years.
So why not slow down, encapsulate your best high school sporting times with our Classlete Sports Card and track your progress (i.e. stats, G.P.A., community hours and earned badges) along the way?
- Do you want to compare your Classlete Sports Card with another fellow friend, teammate, or rival?
- Did you ever want to know if that Point Guard you are facing next week is really as good as you academically as he plays athletically?
- Have you ever wanted to find out if your teammate actually lied about the stats he or she posted on their Classlete Sports Card or website and call them out on it?
- Have you felt as a high school athlete that your overall athletic, academic and community accomplishments were not acknowledged on a bigger stage and never had an opportunity to showcase it?
You will be able to do this and a whole lot more, including the ability to share your Classlete Sports Card with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
On top of that, you will earn Classlete Points and Badges for completing your user profile and sharing your Classlete Sports Card on social media.
So again, what Classlete Type are you? Find out now by joining Classlete.com, complete your user profile and our fun 15 question Classlete Survey in order to create your own Classlete Sports Card today.
If you are a high school student athlete, know of someone who is or are a parent or teacher, sign up to our newsletter (free sports specific workout gift included for joining) for more updates on our website beta launch, which will provide the following benefits:
- Classlete Sports Card – Customize your own personalized online Classlete Sports Card that highlights your academic, athletic and community service accomplishments, which you can upload and share with your friends on social media.
- User Profile – Create your own User Profile with your pictures, videos and stats while showcasing your academic, athletic and community service accomplishments.
- Track Your Accomplishments – Track your athletic, academic and community service accomplishments by recording your Stats, GPA and Volunteer Community Hours and sharing them within the Classlete community.
- Exclusive Content – Access to our Classlete Podcast, latest video interviews along with our blogs for advice on recruitment, academic help, nutrition, training, fashion, video games and more.
- Get Connected – Connect or follow your friends and teammates while keeping an eye on your high school rival.
- Earn Classlete Points and Badges – Be rewarded with our Classlete Points and Badges for completing key tasks on Classlete.com with a chance to later win prizes and other membership perks.
- Save and Work Smart With Our Resources Page – Take advantage of the best apps, tools, products and services that will help you as a high school athlete be above your class both on and off the field of play.
Join us on this journey as we are committed to supporting and helping high school athletes become the top of their class both on and off the field.
-The Classlete Team